Thursday, June 15, 2006

Show me a sign.....

I'm kind of freakish when it comes to spiritual things.

I believe the dead are always with us, in cardinals, in baby deer, in the wind.

I believe that God does speak to us in ways most of us don't even understand.

I believe in signs.

If you're following my rantings, you know about Kate and her quest to decide the path of her future. Should she go back to Boston in the fall, should she stay here and take some courses, should she shuck it all and take her 5' 0" frame and head to Disney World and be a friend to the world's most famous mouse.

The biggest question is "Should she go back to Boston in the fall"

I think she got her sign.

She went up to work graduation. A $100 gig, and a chance to see some friends one more time. On the way, she got a speeding ticket. 68 in a 55 - work zone. She's gonna take a loss on that one.

This past week, she went back to the school to work orientation. She had been contracted to do this in the spring, and she was happy to help. She also wanted to pass go, and collect $1,100. More than that, she wanted to help.

After being there 4 days, she slipped and fell up, then immediately down some stairs, severely spraining her ankle in the process. Her biggest complaint is not from the pain, but from the lack of compassion and assistance her fellow orientation leaders have offered.

No one offers to hold doors, no one offers to carry her meal tray, no one offers anything.

I'm not surprised though. She picked this particular university because of the high caliber business education it has to offer. She has certainly received an education. She has learned life's most difficult lesson. Most people are in it for themselves, not what they can do for others.

Throughout her entire life she has been the one to bring home stray animals and misfit toys.

I wonder if she has seen the sign.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad she's ok from the fall!
Good luck to her and her decision.
And good luck to you Kelley on keeping your sanity while she goes back and forth on that decision. lol

Larilyn said...

I think you should all go on a family vacation to help her clear her mind. ;)

monica said...

I too, look for signs. God has to send me some pretty big ole blinkin' ones before I get it sometimes, but ... in the end...I do~

Traci said...

Signs are all around us.....stop, speed limit, yield, etc...LOL!

Seriously though, you sound just like me. I'm always looking for the signs, and I've seen them and followed before as well.

Bless you for the mommy you are.

Amber said...

I'm on pins and needles (more accuratly: a bean bag chair) waiting on Kate's decision.